Pay a filing fee

This includes court filing fees and tribunal fees.

How can I pay?

Payment method



For some filing fees, File and Pay is an online option to file your document and pay the fee.

File and Pay(external link)

Please note:

  • File and Pay is currently available only for the Supreme Court, Court of Appeal and the High Court. For some District Court filings, you can use the online payment option only but not the online filing option. This means you'll need to attach a copy of your online receipt to your original document and send this to us.

  • File and Pay will be expanded to include more courts and tribunals by 31 May 2021.

An online application and fee payment is available for the following Tribunal filings:

Internet banking
(direct credit)

Internet banking is available only for filings related to:

 In person

You can pay by EFTPOS, credit card, debit card or cash at the counter at most of our courts at the time of filing your application.

 By post

Most of our Tribunal filing fees can be paid for using the ‘Pay by debit/credit card form’. You must include the paper form with your application.

Please refer to the relevant Tribunal form under ‘fees’ to confirm whether this payment method is accepted for your filing.

For more information, please contact 0800 COURTS (0800 268 787).

By phone

We can accept payment over the phone for filing fees related to High Court and Court of Appeal. You can find contact details for the relevant court on our Ministry's Contact us page.